The Internet Marketing News | Published News | News

Monday 21 October 2019

I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid. Here’s how I learned to work with distraction


<p>She started to learn how to turn it into an advantage. </p><br /><p>Even today, 20 years after my childhood diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), I am still keenly aware of how my attention wavers, lapses, or holds differently from that of most people. I&#x2019;m prone to experiencing &#x201C;blank&#x201D; patches in conversation, when I suddenly realize I have no recollection of the past 30 or so seconds of what&#x2019;s been said, as if someone has skipped forward through the video feed of my life (occasionally, I resort to &#x201C;masking,&#x201D; or feigning comprehension&#x2014;which is embarrassing). When watching television, I struggle not to move, often rising to pace and fidget, and I dread being the &#x201C;owner&#x201D; of complicated documents and spreadsheets, as I&#x2019;m very likely to miss some crucial detail.</p><p>Read Full Story</p><div class="feedflare"><br /> <br /></div>

from The Internet Marketing News | Published News https://ift.tt/2Pa2Xzd

No comments:

Post a Comment